My Choice

Heavenly Father, I ask you to help me persevere in faith throughout the dark times in life and throughout the times when I feel alone. Please give me the strength and courage to go on.  Holy Mary, Mother of Confidence pray for me. Saint Joan of Ark pray for me. Amen.

Lately, I've been struggling with something.  A choice I have made.  I've decided that I would not curse, or get into crude conversation topics at school. I've decided to be respectful towards others. And sometimes it seems as if I am the only one in the entire school who has made that decision.  What I see every day, seven and a half hours per day is just the opposite of what I've promised to do.  People call people after animals or the sons of animals. Students have no respect for the teachers, they have no respect for one another. Some don't have much of a sense of integrity. I could go on and on. 

No one said this road would be the easy one. In fact its the hardest. It would be so easy to go along with the crowd. So easy to be mean to people, so easy to just let go and do whatever I want, whenever I want. But I cannot. Why? Because I know there is something better out there than that. I know whatever trials I face now are worth while.  Because I know my true freedom and happiness can be found in heaven not on earth. Our Lady once said to St. Bernadette, "I cannot promise you happiness in this world, only in the next." The same is applies to all of us to a point.  We can never know what true bliss is until we reach heaven. Nothing can compare to it.  This choice not only helps me in my walk towards Heaven but it helps me grow in discipline and humility. I've realized that my struggles and challenges, if given to the Lord, become rungs in the ladder, steps in the path on my way to Him. Even if I feel alone I know its always worthwhile, and I can always look to Jesus on the Cross, and His Mother at the foot.  






Comments

  1. I have always had a hard time with doing things differently. When I was in public school it was very hard to go "against the grain" rather than to float down it. At times I was going downstream. Now since I have heeded my vocation in life, I need to trust in God to keep me from going downstream. I choose now to never let myself go downstream because then I might lose my vocation. Thank you for this post. May the Lord keep you forever close to His heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Phoenix! And may He keep you close to His!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Only for Today

Musings at Midnight...sort of