My Consecration

Take, O Lord, and receive my entire liberty, my memory, my understanding and my whole will. All that I am and all that I possess, Thou hast given me: I surrender it all to Thee to be disposed of according to Thy will. Give me only Thy love and Thy grace; with these I will be rich enough and will desire nothing more. Amen.

I am so excited! I have begun my consecration to the Lord through Mary! The consecration is a wonderful practice, by St. Louis de Monfort and it's all about surrendering your all to Jesus, and doing so through His Mother.  It is especially wonderful because of this fact. St. Louis said, "True Devotion to Mary is nothing more than the perfect and certain and shortest way to live our baptismal vows."  

St. Louis de Montfort tells us that "those who desire to take up this special devotion should spend at least 12 days in emptying themselves of the spirit of the world, which is opposed to the spirit of Jesus. They should spend 3 weeks imbuing themselves with the spirit of Jesus through the Most Blessed Virgin." (T.D., No. 227)
It is obvious that this total consecration, or perfect renewal of our baptismal vows with and through Mary, is not to be taken lightly. Pope John Paul II said that, "Reading this book (St. Louis de Montfort's True Devotion to Mary) was to be a turning point in my life.... This Marian devotion...has since remained a part of me. It is an integral part of my interior life and of my spiritual theology." In his Marian Year encyclical, Mother of the Redeemer, speaking of Marian Spirituality, the Holy Father singles out: "...among the many witnesses of this spirituality, the figure of Saint Louis Marie Grignion de Montfort, who proposes consecration to Christ through the hands of Mary, as an effective means for Christians to live faithfaully their baptismal commitments." (No. 48)
This booklet is intended merely as a guide to help you in your immediate preparation before entering fully into this beautiful way of Marian Spirituality, in the footsteps of her Son, Jesus.
--The Editors, Preparation for Total Consecration according to Saint Louis Marie de Montfort


I am ready to not be my own anymore. I am ready to give myself to Him. I don't want to be the ruler of my own life, I don't want to do it alone. He knows what's coming so I'd rather let Him take over. And, I have the added bonus of the direction of Mary, His Holy Mother! How great is that!? The holiest woman EVER gets to be my mentor!!  

If any of you have heard of SheIsCatholic on youtube, she did the consecration a year ago, she ended the same day I'm going to (I started on Feb. 20th, and am ending on March 25th). :) Here is her video on it. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Only for Today

My Choice

Musings at Midnight...sort of