As I Am

No words can describe Him.  No praise is enough.  He, Himself is more than we can fathom.  His love, stronger than we will ever know.  We could not even look upon Him without succumbing to His awe-some Presence. We are nothing. We deserve nothing.  We turn away from Him daily. We make mistakes. We do wrong.  We implore His ever-present overwhelming Mercy. Nothing we do- should- satisfy Him...but it does.  The aspect of G-d that mystifies me the most, the part that I cannot grasp, or comprehend; is that He delights in me, as I am.  He loves me now! Not when I mend my ways, and become a hermit in the desert abstaining from everything except locusts.
Now at this moment!
ME!
ME!
A sinner, lower than dirt, undeserving of even the smallest of consolations!
He loves me!
He always has loved me, and always will love me!
With a Love greater than I will ever be able to comprehend.
This is the most unfathomable aspect of G-d.
"In that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Only for Today

My Choice

Musings at Midnight...sort of