His Will Be Done

If I could have it my way, I'd be going to a Catholic School right now.

Better yet, I would be homeschooled so I could go to daily Mass.

If I could have it my way, I would spend my time deep in prayer instead of in textbooks.

I would always hang out with the friends that encourage me in my faith, rather than have to be around the ones who pull me down.

I wouldn't have to sit there while my Faith, morals and beliefs are mocked.

 I wouldn't have to constantly witness the offenses and blasphemies against my Lord.

But...

If you really want to love Jesus, first learn to suffer, because suffering teaches you to love.
St. Gemma Galgani


It is loving the Cross that one finds one heart, for Divine Love cannot live without suffering.St. Bernadette

Would that men might come at last to see that it is quite impossible to reach the thicket of the riches and wisdom of God except by first entering the thicket of much suffering, in such a way that the soul finds there its consolation and desire. The soul that longs for divine wisdom chooses first, and in truth, to enter the thicket of the cross.
St. John of the Cross 



We are at Jesus' disposal. If he wants you to be sick in bed, if he wants you to proclaim His work in the street, if he wants you to clean the toilets all day, that's all right, everything is all right. We must say, "I belong to you. You can do whatever you like." And this ..is our strength, and this is the joy of the Lord. Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

I say I wish my life could be different, yet, I have never loved more, than in these past few years. I have never had this much joy, this much consolation than in these past few years.  Over the past few years my life has changed dramatically. Over the past few years my desire for the conversion of sinners has grown. My love of Christ and therefore all people (because we're made in the Image of God) has grown.  I pray most ardently for the salvation of souls.   

I have found though, that these trials I face, are my way of spending the day in prayer. This suffering unites me with the Sacrifice on Calvary, even if I can't go to daily Mass, or spend the entire day completely submerged in prayer.

Today on the Feast of the Presentation of the Virgin Mary, I am reminded of her complete devotion to Our Lord, her eternal fiat.  Her heart, pierced by a sword of intense suffering, was also completely immersed in the Love of God.  It is her I should look to.  Oh, my Mother, teach me your ways!  Let not my will, but His Will be done! Help me to do whatever He tells me.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Only for Today

My Choice

Musings at Midnight...sort of