The Comments Section

Ohhh the dreaded comments section.   I cannot read any sort of religious article anymore without there being one or more people saying things like, "Christianity was created by the apostle Paul"  "Jesus was a zombie"  "What god are we talking about one, or all of them?"  The list goes on...

How it saddens me to see this.  How it saddens me to see people locked in a fruitless comment debate, a stalemate, destined to leave all participants in a sour mood.  It saddens me even more when I ponder upon what the Lord thinks of this.  He waits for us, pines for us, pursues us.  He loves us, and we turn away.  Time and time again we turn away.  Every time we sin or turn our backs or deny Him, we are slapping Him in the face.  Him, who has done nothing but Love us, nothing but look after us, nothing but want the best for us. My Father, how it must pain You, to see your children this way! How it must cause Your Heart to break!

I feel wretched when I think of this, because I know I am to blame for His pain, because I make a conscious decision every single day, many times a day, to hurt Him.  It makes me want to do nothing more than find the nearest confessional.  I want to throw myself prostrate on the ground and beg for Mercy that I don't deserve.
I beg forgiveness, I beg pardon. I beg for the chance to heal the wounds I have so willingly created.

Now, this may seem like a tangent from the first part of this post, but it has a point I promise. :)

You see, reading the comments section, no matter how ludicrous, or malicious, or unfounded, the comments may be, I can never place blame/judgement solely on that person, because how many times have I said something that hurt my Lord? How many times have I been willfully ignorant, or quick to judge?  Sin has consequences. Every time I sin, it affects not only me, not only the Lord, but others.  Humans tend to follow by example.  What kind of example am I setting?

It may sound weird, but hearing/reading these types of comments, helps me to understand and find my weaknesses and faults.  So, as much as I pray for those people, I thank them for teaching me humility and showing me my shortcomings (even if it is in a roundabout way), so that I might correct them. I thank God for using them to show me my faults.

St. Stephen of Hungary says:
Be humble in this life, that God may raise you up in the next. Be truly moderate and do not punish or condemn anyone immoderately. Be gentle so that you may never oppose justice. Be honorable so that you may never voluntarily bring disgrace upon anyone. Be chaste so that you may avoid all the foulness of lust like the pangs of death.


So thank you people of the comments section.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Only for Today

My Choice

Musings at Midnight...sort of