Something's... Different

Hello all,
   Well, as you might have noticed, my blog is no longer called Becoming the Potter's Vessel.  I have been wanting to change the name for awhile now, but haven't been able to come up with anything to call it.  I wanted something with a similar message, as before, trust in God. I prayed about it, and read scripture, and as I read Psalms, a verse, reminded me of this advice Christ gave the disciples:

27 And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your span of life? 28 And why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin, 29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not clothed like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’ 32 For it is the Gentiles who strive for all these things; and indeed your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But strive first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
Matthew 6:25-34

This, I think is one of my favorite verses of the Bible.  And I knew this was what I wanted to change the name to.  

 I think one of my worst struggles is trusting in the Will of God.
There are so many times when I want to take everything into my own hands, and do it all myself.  But I don't know what's best for me, that's why God gave us parents, and teachers, and bosses, and superiors!  That's why we have Him.  If I could have it my way, I would gorge myself on junk food, I wouldn't bother studying,  there are so many things I want to do, that are not good for me.  I cannot claim to know or do what's best for myself.  That's why I rely on Him. Because He knows, and He does what's best for me, for all of us.  In His perfect way! How can we doubt Him, who is Creator of all? How can we doubt, when He created us purely out of Love? How can we doubt when He is Love?  I strive every single day to place my Trust in Him, and I fail quite often.  But I keep trying.  I feel that many, many of us have that same struggle.  I wanted the new name of this blog to acknowledge that shared Cross.  You see, I hope somehow, through this blog, that Christ may help me to become like Simon, the Cyrenian, who helped Him with His Cross. I hope by this blog, I might help you with yours.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Only for Today

My Choice

Musings at Midnight...sort of