Become a Tabernacle

I am kneeling in Church, the Priest humbly and reverently utters the words of Consecration over the bread and wine about to become Body and Blood.  I am enraptured.  My whole being hungers for the precious gift!  I ponder the words of the Priest, and contemplate the Eucharist.  My attention is drawn to a statue of the Blessed Virgin, near the altar-holding the infant Christ in her arms. Suddenly, the room goes dark, and I am no longer in Church, but a cave.  I am kneeling still.  Next to me is a woman, radiance is pouring from her.  I can feel her holiness, her love and goodness. Angels surround her, they sing canticles and hymns of praise for their unborn Lord. She turns to me.  Her face is alight with joy, and holy love.  She is beautiful.  She is my Mother. We are in Bethlehem- it is the night of the Birth of the Lord.
"Be a Tabernacle for my Son," she says.
"Mother, teach me how! I am a worm, unworthy!"
At this she stands, and I can see her stomach bulging.  Tears run down my face. I reach my hand out to caress the Ark of the Covenant.
She comes and stands behind me.  Extending her arms, she takes her mantle and drapes it over me so that we are both covered by it.
"Prayer, daughter, fervent prayer.  Call upon me as your Mother, I shall always be with you."
Again she says, "Be a Tabernacle for my Son."
"Like you, I am the handmaid of the Lord.  I am blessed to hold within me your Holy Son.  Be my guide Mother."
She again kneels next to me, and we along with all the Angels recite the Magnificat:
My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord,
my spirit rejoices in God my Savior
for he has looked with favor on his lowly servant.
From this day all generations will call me blessed:
the Almighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his Name.

He has mercy on those who fear him
in every generation.
He has shown the strength of his arm,
he has scattered the proud in their conceit.

He has cast down the mighty from their thrones,
and has lifted up the lowly.
He has filled the hungry with good things,
and the rich he has sent away empty.

He has come to the help of his servant Israel
for he remembered his promise of mercy,
the promise he made to our fathers,
to Abraham and his children forever.  



I am back in Church.
The Priest comes down from the altar to give the Eucharist.
The tears will not stop, I process with the others, then kneel.  As the Priest holds the Eucharistic Body above my head, I hear the words,
"Become a Tabernacle for my Son."
I can hear the Angels singing praises for their veiled Christ.
I receive Him, and my body trembles.  I am filled with the mystical knowledge that Christ is within me.  I am united with Mary in this instant.
My Mother and I together, Tabernacles of the Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Only for Today

My Choice

Musings at Midnight...sort of