Are You Amazed?

I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buriedhe descended into hell; on the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting.     Amen.

  
Are you amazed? Are you truly amazed at the wonder and glory of Christ? 

Are you truly amazed at the love of Christ? 

Are you? I think this is something we take for granted a lot. The majesty of the Lord. What makes Him so majestic, so glorious? His Love! His love for us, for humanity. His passionate, pursuing, never-ending love! 

I feel like we are always too caught up in something else to recognize the fullness of His grace and love (or at least to the point we can as humans).  Lately I've been listening to Bob Rice's "Are You Amazed". I tend to have those amazing moments where I seem to get the realization and light-bulb moment, but it soon fades into the background.
 I love this song because it opens my eyes and it helps me rediscover Him in even the smallest parts of my life where I couldn't before. 

Later on tonight, I believe by Divine Providence and through one of my friends, I'm going to spend a much needed hour in adoration with my Lord. I can't wait to be in the fullness of His captivating presence, to be immersed in His amazing love. I invite you this Lent, if you can, to take an at least an hour of adoration and become amazed at His holy, everlasting, love.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Only for Today

My Choice

Musings at Midnight...sort of