I'm Back!

Hey y'all, I'm back! Sorry about that little break there. I have been so busy lately its been crazy! Lots has been happening so a few updates before I continue:
-Vocation...lots of prayer. Lots of thinking. I have seen so many people give such great witnesses to their vocation and what God has called them to do. It has been a great support to me just to be able to talk with them. (More on this in a bit)
-College...still looking around. I love Franciscan University of Stuebenville,  Ohio
and Christendom College of Front Royal,  VA but I need to figure out a way to support myself financially because these schools aren't cheap, but their academics and faithfulness to the Church more than make up for price.
-Spiritual Life...growing :) lately, especially since the canonization, I've felt a very close connection with Saint John Paul 2. Why? I am not sure, but I have always had a special place in my heart for this Pope. He is my spiritual Papa, and I ask for his intercession often. He was an amazing man and I urge you, if you haven't already, please look into his life. I cannot say enough about the things he has done for the world!
Also in March, I was honored to help lead a retreat for some middle schoolers. That weekend was AMAZING and a personal dream come true for me! To be able to witness my faith and the power and love of God to those young people was truly a great experience to have. The Holy Spirit was so incredibly and tangibly present with us! That is one of the best highlights of this year :)
-Academic Life...work work work. But this too shall pass. Exams are coming up fast and I am anxious to get them over with, but on the bright side I got into my school's National Honors Society, woo! I am quite excited about the upcoming induction.  :)
So those are the main updates since I last posted if I remember any more I'll make sure to put it in.
Now more about vocation, as I mentioned above, lots of praying and thinking and talking with lay people, and religious about their vocations and discernment. 
I am still unsure as to what the Lord is calling me to. And I do not have to know right away. But He has definitely put a desire in my heart lately for service. Whether that means service in a family or as a member of a religious community I do not know. But what I am fairly certain of is that He is calling me to serve in a radical way.
I don't remember if I have ever mentioned this in a previous post,  but a while ago our priest's Bishop came for a second visit from Uganda,  which is where our Priest is from. When the Bishop came the first time around a year or so ago,  I talked with him and he made me promise him that after my studies, I would go to Uganda and see him and the work they do there. When he came back the second time recently,  he remembered me and our promise. I was surprised and touched that he remembered! Now, whether this will happen right after college or not, I am not sure, but I definitely don't want to break my promise to a Bishop of the Church do I? So it seems God is calling me to Uganda.  :) What I will do if I go is still in the air but I would love to teach.  What a rewarding thing that would be! But again,  as long as I am able to serve that will enough.
Have a blessed evening everyone! And if you all would mind sending up some prayers tonight for a friend going through a rough time, that would be great thanks!
God Bless!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lessons in Nannying

Friendship, the ER, and Kidneys

Ask, and It Shall Be Given to You