Thank You to the Men

  Happy New Year Everyone!
   So, I'm just going to get right into it tonight.  Thank you to the guys.  Thank you to the guys, to the men, who show me that I don't need to settle, the men who show me chivalry in its truest form, the men who desire holiness above all else, to the men that respect me, and women everywhere.
   I've been struggling over the past few weeks, especially these past few days.  I feel as if I am continually going from one extreme to another.  Church and school.  I do other activities clubs, etc... but looking at a very broad perspective, looking at what influences my life the most- these are the two that leave the biggest mark.  Church and school.  And boy, there is such a stark contrast between the two.

   At school today, I heard guys talking about how proud they were that they got a girl to sleep with them because she's only slept with two or three guys before.  I heard some whose conversations are full of profanity and crude remarks... shockingly crude remarks, and actions, and jokes.
 These are the guys that call themselves men, who I am constantly around- 8 hrs a day, 5 days a week.  Sometimes,  my vision -so to speak- gets blurred.  I feel like these guys are what I am going to have to settle for; guys who look at women as objects used for pleasure, not people, not people with dignity, but playthings, toys.  It brings me down.  I'm sure that most of these are nice guys but they have the wrong idea about women.

   Then, there's Church.  The complete opposite end of the spectrum compared to a lot of people at my school.  Youth group,  retreats, conferences, what have you...  There, there is where I see guys that, while not perfect (who of us is?) still at least try.  They try because they seek God and holiness first.  They try to understand and respect us.  They don't need vulgarity, or profanity to create conversation or make people laugh.  These guys at least try to be courteous.  From what I've seen and heard and experienced they don't treat me like an object, but a person. No longer is it my physical beauty that determines my worth but the beauty of my heart and soul.  No longer am I looked at as a walking, talking toy to play with- but a person with dignity, a daughter of God.  Sure, they still like to do guy things, sports, belch, chug drinks, eat, eat some more, play video games, etc etc...  But their outlook is so much different. And its so refreshing to see this. It gives me hope that I won't have to settle.  I cannot tell enough times how grateful I am that there are guys like this.

Thank you to all the guys out there who choose to respect ladies.  Thank you for making us feel like we are worth more than our bodies- because honestly, lots of girls get trapped in that state of mind.  Thank you for recognizing that all of us are made in God's Image, and that each deserves dignity.  Maybe you show it-not in a big, flashy, way-  but just holding the door, thanking us for dressing modestly, not bringing up crude topics in conversation... little things like that make a huge difference.

So Thanks Guys.
God Bless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Only for Today

My Choice

Can You Hear me Now?